Targeted for persons who may discover environmental releases or observe dumping violations.
- This course meets the requirements of OSHA’s Hazardous Waste Final Rule (1910.120 effective March 6,1990) for first-responder personnel (awareness-level) who may be the first on the scene at a hazardous materials incident.
- Risks of hazardous materials.
- Protecting yourself
- Possible outcomes of an emergency.
- Ways to recognize hazardous materials.
- Your role as the person who is first on the scene.
- Size up and gathering necessary information on the scene and communicating it to emergency responders.